INVEST Data Infrastructures
INVEST Flagship improves the use of unique data and develops novel research datasets that will take research to an entirely new level. INVEST has its own data infrastructures including services for research data management specifically tailored for the INVEST researchers and teams.
Our researchers use different types of administrative register based datasets, typically covering entire population since 1970 census, survey-based nation-wide datasets on children and youth collected as a part of KiVa® antibullying program and Opintokamu®; and cohort studies collected by the unit of child psychiatry since 1980s. Currently, we are developing novel linked datasets.
INVEST has a tool for variable-level description of research data (research data editor, only for those with access rights) and data catalog (presents the described data to others for browsing, but only within the UTU domain, i.e. outside the UTU domain, remember to use VPN) available to all INVEST research teams. Access rights and additional instructions are available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So far, the site’s offering includes tailored guidelines for
- INVEST remote access environment
- version control instructions (for code and methods as a research outputs)
- software development acquirement related practices in INVEST and University of Turku
Links to the University of Turku’s data policy and data management services
- data policy of the University of Turku
- data management services at University of Turku
- data protection
National guidelines and services for data management
- data management guidelines of the Finnish Social Science Data Archive
- data management planning tool DMPTuuli for implementation of data management plans
INVEST’s data group is also involved in the research data lifecycle and research data management training package (UGSL0001 Basics of Research Data Management, 3 ECTS), which is available to all doctoral programs and postdoctoral researchers at the University of Turku.